- A 研究生申请，包括个人陈述.
- A master’s degree in education from an accredited institution with a recommended GPA of 3.5个或以上.
- One transcript from each college, university or professional school attended. 转移 credits included on a transcript must include grades earned; if not, 必须提交原学校的成绩单. 如果你被录取了, you’ll be required to submit an official transcript from your degree conferring institution. The official transcript must be sent from the issuing school electronically or by mail.
- Successful completion of coursework related/similar to any of the following areas (at the master’s level, 除非项目主管另有批准):教育研究, 心理学, 社会学, 人际关系, 教育, 社会正义, 多样性或包容性实践.
- A minimum of three letters of recommendation from individuals in a position to evaluate the applicant’s qualifications for graduate study and/or field-related work experience, including at least one from a professor familiar with the student’s writing skills and level of critical thinking.
- A minimum of five years of experience working as an educational leader if PK-12 administrative certification is desired (e.g., school/district-level administrator, mentor, teacher, educational organization leader).
- 与招生委员会的面试, if deemed necessary/beneficial by the 招生 Committee after the initial review of the application.
- 在特殊情况下, 在审核申请人的学习成绩后, 如有需要，院长可要求GRE或MAT成绩.
- 国际申请者应访问 www.世外桃源.edu/international for detailed information on admissions requirements and application procedures. Official results from the TOEFL or IELTS are required for all students for whom 英语 is a second language except for non-native speakers of 英语 who hold degrees or diplomas from post-secondary institutions in 英语-speaking countries (e.g.美国、加拿大、英国、爱尔兰、澳大利亚和新西兰.) A course-by-course evaluation of all transcripts by an independent evaluation service based in the United States also is required.
因为博士项目的队列模型, all students who enter in a given year begin the program together in the fall semester. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis until the cohort for that fall reaches capacity.
An admitted student who wants to defer his or her admission for one year must submit a request to do so in writing to the Program Director of the EdD program. 该部将根据个人情况给予延期. 一旦批准延期, the student must submit the required deposit to reserve their position in the cohort. 这笔押金将记入学费. A student who is granted a deferment must understand that they will be subject to the prevailing tuition at the time of matriculation to the program.
连续登记: 学生必须连续参加教育博士课程. In emergency circumstances, a student may petition for a leave of absence by filling out the 请假申请表; however, this is not guaranteed.
重新接纳: 因个人原因而退出研究生课程的学生, (即, other than a dismissal for academic or ethical reasons) may be readmitted within one year of that withdrawal by requesting reinstatement in writing to the Program Director of the EdD program. In some cases, a student may be asked to submit materials updating the original application. If the withdrawal was granted contingent upon some action(s) on the part of the student, the student also will be required to demonstrate that the recommended steps have been taken. 如果时间超过一年, a completely new application must be submitted to the Office of 登记管理.
时间限制: 学生 enrolled in the cohort program must complete coursework within five years of receiving candidacy. Dissertation must be completed within five years after the completion of coursework.
程序继续: 学生 who are not making appropriate progress will be counseled out of the program at the end of a given year of coursework. 学生 who engage in any other activity that would support a reason for dismissal (cheating, 剽窃)可能会被要求立即离开或在学期结束. 3分以下的学生可以继续参加课程.0 GPA will be conditional for the next semester provided their grade point average improves to at least that level during that time.